Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Blood Flow (a poem)

One Grandmother built bombs
while the other prayed.

Both of their mothers knew abandonment
when it came to land
and their mothers.

Connections were broken.
Flow dammed up
backed up and up and away.
As their blood dries
Their stories fade
into the shadows of my body.
The resonance I carry
and can tune
by seeking harmony with
the past of all
Herstories.

I let my blood flow down
and it dismantles those ancient dams
so that I will not be bogged down
and soggy with secrets
or hungry ghosts.

My ancestors will nourish me.
Ignite in me the will to shine a light
on the fantastic future
Their hearts have secretly
always desired.

-Geneva Jacobs

1 comment:

  1. i think you should sumnit this to wemoon journal. how incredibly beautiful. thank you!

    ReplyDelete